Two leaders in the Charlotte entrepreneurial scene will serve on U.S. Senator Kay Hagan's recently formed Small Business Advisory Committee, according to a press release emailed today.
Serving as one of four co-chairs is Paul Wetenhall, president of of Ventureprise, a nonprofit business incubator affiliated with UNC Charlotte (formerly known as The Ben Craig Center).
The Small Business Advisory Committee is comprised of small business owners and advocates around the state who will advise Hagan on legislative issues and assist her in the developing policy proposals to support North Carolina's small businesses.
The list of other committee co-chairs and members is below:
Other committee co-chairs:
- John Cooper, Mast General Stores, Boone
- Andrea Harris, NC Institute of Minority Economic Development, Durham
- Oscar Wong, Highland Brewery, Asheville
Other committee members:
- Brooks Bell, BrooksBell, Raleigh
- Leah Brown, A10 Clinical Solutions, Cary
- Jeff Frushtick, Leonard Automatics, Denver
- Sam Funchess, Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship, Greensboro
- Christopher Gergen, Forward Impact, Durham
- Nancy Gottovi, STARWorks/Central Park NC, Star
- Jim Johnson, UNC Kenan Flagler Center, Chapel Hill
- Victor Lytvinenko, Raleigh Denim, Raleigh
- Louise McColl, McColl & Associates, Wilmington
- Sandra O'Connor, Allen Tate Realtors, Greensboro
- Bernice Pitt, Ace Hardware, Tarboro
- Larry Shaw, Shaw Farms, Wallace
Hagan was in Charlotte several weeks ago, touting a bipartisan bill she's sponsoring that would allow businesses to write off more of their commercial improvement projects each year. Here's that story.